Wednesday was a wild and wacky day at work. A simple task turned into a Tornado and much drama but I survived. I was on edge waiting for my phone to arrive. Every Amazon package that was scheduled for delivery all came before the FedEx person showed up very late in the afternoon. I figured they would arrive at a most inconvenient time as well as the fact they would want a signature. Nope they just dropped the box and left. Anyone could have picked it up but no one could have activated the phone, so I soon found out the hard way.
This was my first phone by mail upgrade. Apple did a great job of making a transfer utility to get information from the old phone to the new phone. They force you to upgrade IOS on the new device to the latest before they will do any data transfer and there is no skipping that part. I had some issues with the transfer process and only had to start over 1 time. Then everything was smooth as silk the phone was up and running. The instructions I was provided said to follow the setup of the new device and then try to make some calls; the new phone should auto activate. Yeah well that was dead wrong. I had to login to my carrier’s app and then into a web page designed for activations. I had to authenticate and then tell them that I really wanted to activate my new phone. It took a couple minutes. They said you could use the old device until the new one was active and to power cycle the new phone. By the time I did that the new phone was all set. I made some test calls and confirmed it’s all up and working. Unfortunately, to get some apps setup I had to return to the basement to be in front of a physical computer and while I was here, I elected to go ahead with the corporate setup of the phone to get our authentication app for two factor setup and corporate email on my device. I did everything myself and needed no help from anyone because I have the power. That was really nice and it was super simple.
When I climbed the steps close to 9p to get ready for bed, I was saddened to learn that Marvin was deeply upset with me. He ate a little bit of his treats and then crawled under the couch. I went over to talk with him and he just wasn’t having it. He permitted me to touch him but expressed his displeasure with his voice. I felt really bad. We had spent a short time together on the couch and then I had to dash back to the basement so his daddy time got cut. I value our time together as much as he does.
Sadly, I have to do a bit of work tonight as well. I plan to break out my laptop and do it from the couch. It’s a task that can’t be performed during working hours but hopefully it doesn’t take terribly long. I’m kind of over work after yesterday.
I suppose Gator knew all about her brother’s feelings so she decided to comfort me by spending time in my lap as I watched TV in my room. She was kneading her claws and I wasn’t paying attention until they dug into me for a split second. She didn’t draw any blood but it did hurt.
I was exhausted and had no trouble at all falling asleep. Gator woke me at 5a this morning because she was cold. I got her to jump in bed with me and I was holding her she was on top of the comforter and just radiating heat like nobody’s business. If I wouldn’t have been in bed, she would have been under the cover hiding and trying to stay warm. The AC was in the process of turning off but it never moves fast enough for her when she gets cold, she doesn’t mess around in trying to get warm. It’s funny but I was not amused at 5a. Needless to say, I didn’t really get back to sleep and by the time I was comfortable the alarm clock was going off. Thankfully Marvin and I are back on good terms this morning. I am making sure he gets extra attention today to try to make up for yesterday.
Today has been better, but knowing that I have to work tonight doesn’t make me terribly happy. Outside of that life is going well. The foam I ordered should arrive tomorrow. The weather looks like it’s going to be HOT for the weekend and then more rain is moving in the first part of the week. So hopefully I will feel like getting my fanny in gear and doing some work. I made an impulse buy and got a gutter scoop, it showed up today and it’s pretty neat for $3.45. Beats getting your hands dirty.
I hope all is well in your world and that your taking care of yourself. Hang in there one more day and then were at the weekend again. Talk with you peeps again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment