17 September 2017

Luxury Ride

Another week is behind us and it was the most expensive week of my life, other than when I took on the mortgage.  I bought a new vehicle.  I spent the most money ever on an SUV that I like.  This happened out of the blue and wasn’t planned. 

I had a thumping noise in my right front tire.  I took it to the dealer on Monday and they said it had slight feathering, meaning there was some wear and a slight bald spot.  They said drive it, you will be fine.  Okay so I drove out and was planning on going home.  As soon as I pulled off their lot I got a warning light, I pulled over and took a minute to comb through the menu and found out it was a parking system fault.  I drove back they told me it was a parking sensor.  I pulled it out of the service bay and I went inside and asked who I could talk to about potentially buying something new.

Then we began the dance.  I was shown a vehicle that I asked to see with only part of the options that I wanted.  We test drove it and I liked it but I really needed a sun roof.  So then I went up in price, I had my eye on something else but it had a dead battery.  Which is a sign not to buy it.  So I found a different model and I was very happy.  Only problem is it was like driving a boat, very large.  I didn’t want to have a vehicle that large.  For $2 thousand dollars more I could have what I really had my eye on, so I got it. 

I took a loss of $3 thousand dollars and that is rolled into my new auto loan.  Then I cashed in my old warranty which got me $1,500 back.  Then I added GAP Coverage and a Warranty and right back up the price went.  It’s financed for 6 years and payments are over $600 per month.  That is a lot of fucking money for a car but this is a luxury SUV, still a lot of money. 

I took Tuesday off because I had to come back for interior and exterior protection coatings.  I really only wanted to protect the inside but that wasn’t an option it was both or nothing.  The interior is 100% leather.  I’ve got Air Conditioned and Heated Seats.  It rides like a Cadillac but it’s not one. 

So I did cause an emotional breakdown for myself and I was in panic mode thinking of how I would be able to make the payments.  Well I applied the Elephant theory to it.  If your going to eat an Elephant how do you start?  1 piece at a time.  I took the payment and divided it in 1/2 and figured that it would take $300 plus dollars from each check.  So long as I keep raking in the overtime I will be fine.  If overtime stops then I will be cutting it close.  I still have a little in reserve for savings but really don’t want to tap that unless I have to. 

Payday was Friday and that was the true test.  I’ve marked that I took the money out, so it’s reserved.  I can only spend the balance in the account.  I’ve got close to $200 left and that should last me for the next 2 weeks, until we do it all over again. 

It’s odd that there were some signs in place that I took as telling me to do this.  First, the code to enter on the keypad if I don’t have a remote to get in was a mash up of the last 4 digits of my late partners social security number.  The other sign was the 1st payment is due 1 day before his birthday.  I’ll be prepared at the end of the month to make the payment and if the payment details are here by then I will send it off.  Nothing like getting it out of the way!

I have been all over the place and a total mess.  I figured the weekend would help with that but nope.  I took a muscle relaxer on Friday night and spent a good portion of the day on Saturday sleeping.  It was 3p before I got up and was moving.  I went out for pizza and the gay waiter was kind of flirting with me a little bit.  I had on my pride flag shirt so he knew we had something in common.  I’m telling you that man is fine!

Marv has had diarrhea really bad since I started him on the Thyroid medicine.  I’ve stopped and put him on a Probiotic which has helped a little bit.  Poor Guy.  I feel so bad for him.  He spent at least 1/2 of his day running around the house going to the bathroom.  Thankfully he went in all the right places with pads or litter so were good.  I am considering not putting him back on the Thyroid medicine, but I need to know what my options are and if I go that route how it will affect him.  I know for sure it will shorten his life but will he be miserable?  I don’t want him suffering for any reason.  The reason for the reaction is he has IBS on top of the Thyroid problem.  So if we can find something that won’t break the bank to treat the IBS then he could potentially go back on the medicine and all will be well. 

One thing is for sure it’s going to be a lot tighter for me now financially.  Not that it was exactly easy before but I felt a lot more breathing room.  If I stop paying my credit cards in full each month and cut back on eating out I’ll be more than fine.  However, that is a recipe for disaster.  I am just watching my spending.  Car Insurance went up $169 as well.  Part of my motivation for buying an SUV was that my insurance would go down, but sadly I think the luxury part is what made it go back up.  I also added new car replacement.  I am very well insured and covered no matter what happens, with the exception of job loss or death.  My boss told me to quell those feelings it’s not going to happen.  Death, well odds are pretty low at this point but if I die I honestly don’t care what happens.

I am way behind on my weekend chores.  I am still trying to recover from the big event of the week.  Next week should hopefully be better. 

As for stupid at work, my boss is going to talk with HR about him.  Not sure if that means he is on his way out or if they will just set a very tight goal for him and talk with him.  I can’t work with stupid – I did some digging and found out that he is a communications and organizations major.  How is that?  He can’t compose an email with proper grammar to save his own life.  He may be smarter than me, but it’s only a piece of paper, which is worthless in the grand scheme of things.  I am not saying I am uber smart but damn I am very well versed in my writing and if I need or have to be professional I am more than capable.  I’ve given him examples and told him he can use it as a template to modify it for what ever he needs, but he won’t do that.  He wants to be original.  WTF. 

I know this isn’t a confessional but I do feel the need to say that I had to buy a couple of things for my new ride.  The first of which is a programmer, that will get me 5mpg more.  Right now I am at 25 mpg and if I can get that to 30mpg I will be doing much better but I was seeing 35 to 40 out of my car, that was one thing it did right.  It didn’t come with all weather floor mats, so I bought some but only for the front.  I want to keep this thing looking sharp for a very long time.  Not only for me but for when it comes time to trade. 

Best part of all it’s dark blue.  Not the shade of blue that I wanted but at least I am no longer driving a black cloud.  Thinking that it might be my time I got a couple lottery tickets as well.  I don’t have high hopes but it never hurts to dream and it was only $3.  I went out to breakfast this morning, changed up my order and used a coupon – got essentially the usual without Bacon and it only cost me $5.  I love saving money, I think that is going to be my new hobby. 

Hope you had a great week.  I need to get my fat ass in gear around here as the day is getting away from me and Monday morning will be calling sooner than I want.  I also had to get a new tag for the parking garage at work there went another $15.  That was a scam but the benefits are well worth not having to roll down my window to get in and out of the garage regardless of the weather.  Oh and I was talking about a sun roof.  I now have a Panoramic Vista Roof.  Practically the entire top of the vehicle is glass.  It’s nice to let the sunshine in, makes me feel so good and I am proud each time I get behind the wheel.  I just look in the mirror and smile, I keep telling myself it’s going to be okay.  This is truly the reward I have been waiting for not that it makes up for all of the shit I have been through but hey it’s a start.  Now phase 2 is finding a boyfriend. 

Have a great week ahead and I will try to do the same.  Talk with you peeps later. 


No comments: