18 March 2017

Whoa my back!

 

I got a quick massage on Thursday.  My back was killing me right in between my shoulder blades.  That is usually where is starts and then it radiates either out or up before the pain leaves my body.  I actually felt a knot be pushed out, it was like popping a large pimple but with lots of pain.  The therapist worked and worked and presto there it went.  When she was all done I felt fine.  However, as the hours passed the pain returned.  Today my right shoulder is killing me.  I’ve felt some popping go on and that has felt good but it still really hurts.  I lifted Bear last night not once but twice.  I knew I shouldn’t but he insisted, like I would ever tell him no and actually mean it.  It happens but it’s very rare. 

I had my Saturday all planned out I was going to enjoy the nice day and go for a drive and get some pie.  However, as the day grew older my desire to get on the open road diminished, all I could think about was the pain I was in.  What if it was too uncomfortable and I couldn’t drive anymore, I’d be away from home and that isn’t a situation I want to put myself in.  So I talked myself out of going for a drive.  I started thinking about food close to home. 

Later this afternoon I went out for Chinese food.  I had my usual Crab Rangoon, Egg Roll and order of Special Fried Rice.  Washed it all down with several glasses of Diet Pepsi.  Got an almond cookie for free as desert.  I have the traditional fortune cookie I brought home with me. 

Remembered my coupon and stopped by the cat food store.  Picked up lots of cat food, got some litter and then paid the same bill I paid last week only this week it was slightly less due to the coupon and I got more, so not terrible but I wasn’t pleased. 

Drove to gas up and then on to the car wash.  Ah the car wash where all of the cute boys seem to work.  There was an average looking guy working there, I mean if we were all alone on a deserted island I wouldn’t turn him away but he really didn’t do that much for me. 

I feel like a predator in the dating world.  I hit on a 24 year old guy and he turned me down flat.  He was so cute and his profile indicated that he had been rejected by multiple people.  I figured why not give it a try.  Yeah that is probably a bit too young for me but I can’t help myself I really want a younger guy.  I’m still in the dating pool and just thinking about all of the stories and memories that I can share with my future guy, the waiting part hurts but hopefully in the end the pay off will be worth it. 

There is an Australian Magazine called DNA that I really want.  I’d like the printed version but it’s super expensive to have it mailed from there to the USA.  They offer an on-line or digital subscription but to me it’s not quite the same.  They feature some really hot guys, to my knowledge you might see a backside here and there but for the most part the guys are shirtless but otherwise dressed.  They have some super hunks in there that just make my mouth water.  I added them on social media and get frequent updates which equal temptation for me.  I’ve got the money right now today but I don’t really want to spend it that way. 

Thought that I fixed Marv’s diarrhea by eliminating the ants, but as soon as I bragged about it, I got home and it came right back.  Poor guy I feel sorry for him.  He’s eating and drinking normal.  He plays so I would say he’s mostly normal.  There are a couple of things about him that cause me some concern but I am monitoring him.

Work is still there, we got a break from some of the drama on Friday because my co-worker took a 1/2 day.  To say that she needed it, would be an understatement.  A lot has changed in her world and she is very bitter.  My boss thinks that it will all change come next week, but he’s on vacation and I have to put up with her.  We got hit with the next round of new hires and a surprise departure.  One of the guys I used to work with in my old position.  I spoke with him and he said that he was retiring, he just turned 65.  Holy cow, I would have never guessed that he was that old.  I knew he was older but I figured 50’s.  Guess I am a poor judge of age.  Then again people tell me that I look 30 when I am in my 40’s.

Age is only how old your body is, it’s just a number and in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t mean anything.  Lots of people are in marriages and relationship s that have a slight or a very wide swing in their partners ages, those relationships have been on-going for years.

I saw a really great movie today.  It was on Amazon and cost me $4.99 but it was worth every penny.  It stars Tom Wopat, remember him from the Dukes of Hazard?  I’m talking about the TV show.  It’s also got Gregory Harrison.  He was Dr. Gonzo Gates on the TV show Trapper John M.D.  The movie is called Fair Haven and was released in 2016.  It’s about a gay kid who’s mom passed away, his father shipped him to a pray the gay away Christian camp.  The kid is ‘cured’ of his illness/sickness/disease (meaning being gay) and returns home.  His father fixes him up with a friends daughter and they go on a couple dates,  He runs into his old boyfriend and initially rejects him.  His feelings for this guy resurface and he tries his hardest to push them aside but he fails.  He gives in and winds up sleeping with the guy.  The girl he was seeing caught them and so did his dad.  I will say that it ends well but don’t want to spoil it, on the off chance someone reading this is interested in seeing it.  Below is a trailer for the movie.  In looking for that it appears the movie is available on-line for free but beware that malicious actors often use this as a rouge to lure you in and serve up malware when you get on the site.  Sure you will get to see the movie or part of it, but they will gain access to your machine and may even infect your machine with ransomware.  In the end it’s not worth it, pay to see it you will be glad you did.  

The sad thing is that I can’t talk about this movie or other movies like it at work.  I don’t want the general office population to know about my sexuality, but I am sure they all probably do anyway.  The office I work in is not immune to gossip and back biting, it’s your typical office.  What more can I say?  The only thing that would have made watching this movie more enjoyable is if I had a guy be it a boyfriend or just a friend to watch it with me.  Seeing this movie does cause some regret for me in that I didn’t really come to terms with being gay until I got older, I knew about it in my teenage years but just didn’t acknowledge it.  Today I am comfortable with who I am.  I typically don’t flaunt it and it really has no bearing on my employment.  There are people at work that know, but if I had my druthers I wish I would have kept it a secret.  There are a certain group of people that are dying to know, they pretty much think it but no one will confirm or deny it and they don’t have the balls to ask me, they hope I will slip up.  They try to extract the information from me, but I know when I am being pumped and I shutdown. 

I think by in large society is more accepting today than it was when I was growing up.  I am happy about that but also wish that the same tolerance and acceptance would have been there back in my day.  The most that you will see me flaunt my sexuality is when the summer comes and I wear a couple of rainbow tee shirts.  I saw another one that I’d really like but won’t get.  It says don’t hate me because I am gay, hate me because I stole your man.  I think that is way funny. 

I have recently learned that one of my favorite places on earth now serves brunch.  I am talking about Maggiano’s.  I never in a million years thought I would see that.  I wish my late partner was still here, we would be making the drive for breakfast.  I’ll get there eventually but it’s not a priority for me.  The menu does look tempting though. 

Sunday’s adventure will be treating myself to breakfast, thinking of going back to Cracker Barrel to see if the guy who was crushing on me is still there.  I’d like to ask him if I misinterpreted his signals or if he just changed his mind.  I mean I’d like to know why he was all interested one day and then when he got my number he shutdown quicker than a sweatshop.  I don’t want to be dramatic or start a fight, I just want to be polite and tactful but still ask, so I know.  I mean when I am applying for jobs and I think I have it but I don’t get it, I ask.  Some places will tell you and other places will not.  He may say something or he may clam up.  Anyway, after my meal (regardless of where I go), I will be headed to the grocery store.  Then home to put it all away, clean the house and to prepare for Manic Monday.  I am on-call and we all know that crazy seems to follow me, so it should be an interesting week, especially when I am without a boss.  I mean I know who to go to if I need a manager but I won’t venture down that path unless it’s absolutely necessary. 

Now I am torn about what to do next.  Should I play on the computer or should I go jump into a hot shower.  Perhaps a bit of both.  SNL is supposed to be on and that is always a hoot.  I watch it for Weekend Update, I’ve got a wicked crush on Colin Jost.  He is so cute!

The weather is back to Spring again but that is subject to change.  I saw something funny on-line.  It was a wanted poster that police were looking for Mother Nature.  They said she was a bi-polar bitch.  Kind of funny.

I hope that all is well in your world.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: