23 March 2013

Very Lazy Saturday

As the title of the post says, it’s been a very lazy Saturday for me.  My sleeping hasn’t been the best this week.  I think it’s the pillow that is driving me nuts.  So I got up had the worst possible thing for breakfast, that would be a banana and several chocolate mini donuts along with a glass of milk.  It’s not so bad if your not a diabetic like me.  We all have our vices and I’ve realized mine are food, sex, and pens.  Not always in that order!

I also fed the cats while I was up.  Then back to my room to watch some TV but first I played on my iPhone to see what new mail came in, checked social media and then TV.  Nothing on to capture my interest, so I turned the TV off and laid back in my chair.  One cat at the foot of my bed, another in the middle of the bed.  Me and Momma sitting in my chair.  I dozed off and woke up a couple times.  Pretty soon it was 1pm and I knew if I didn’t force myself that I would never get anything accomplished.

I threw on some clothes and dashed off to grab the mail, get gas for the car, pick up a litter box, get cat litter, wipers and 2 new pillows.  I dropped around $145 for all of it.  Yeah, I was shocked.  Wipers were the most expensive thing.  However, I have had my car for 4 years and this is the first time I have ever replaced the wipers.  Not bad if I do say so myself.  My experience has been less than positive when I replace wipers on any car – be it with an aftermarket product or OEM wipers from the dealer.  Nothing seems to work as good as the original.  Hopefully, that is not the case here.

Back at home I went to open the garage door and we had hundreds of bugs just nesting in large groups.  They look like lightning bugs but they aren’t.  My partner swore they were carpenter ants.  They are not, I checked the internet.  However, I don’t know what they are and I would really like to know.  They showed up last year in the summer.  They haven’t ever left.  I sprayed bug spray but that didn’t seem to work.  I got out some Diazinon and even that didn’t seem to affect them.  That smelled horrible so I got some water to try to wash it away.  By then they were dying slowly.  I came back about an hour later and most of them were dead, those that survived knew it was time to get out of Dodge.  I don’t think I have seen the last of them but hopefully with a trip to the hardware store I can manage to get rid of them for good.

We went to grab a bite to eat at a Mexican place I have been wanting to go.  I got a combination dish, one beef and one chicken burrito.  The beef was tasty.  The chicken was not.  I only 1/2 way enjoyed my meal.  We finished up with Fried Ice Cream.  My partner really liked his meal, he got some chicken dish with cheese and peppers.  Of course it was more expensive than what I ordered, usually the case.  You can pretty well make the Ice Cream at home on your own.  It tasted like corn flakes, honey, chocolate syrup and whipped cream.  Not a smart choice for me but then again I will only live once!  Might as well have something good.

Back home to catch a movie on Amazon Prime.  It stopped a 1/2 hour before it was over, I suspect there was an issue with WIFI.  I just took it as a sign to get moving again.  So I cleaned the house.  Got the new litter box down for the kids and the trash is out.  I’m laundering my bed clothes and cleaning the dishwasher.  All while I sit here and type.  Thank God for Machines to do some of the work. 

I will be flipping the mattress tonight and putting on fresh bedding.  I plan on shaving, which I hate.  But I am ready to claw my face to death because it itches so much.  It has been a full week since I shaved last.  Then a nice shower and I should sleep very well.  That is my hope at least. 

Friday I did have pizza but it wasn’t from where I wanted to go. I mentioned another place when I got home because I knew he wasn’t into pizza .  Marriage is all about compromise.  I had a coupon for $10 off which was good, but it was pretty well like making a trip back to the office so I used up some gas.  It was just an okay meal.  I got served Pepsi instead of Diet Pepsi.  It tasted horrible to me, I am so not used to all of that sugar in soda.  I’ve been on Diet soda ever since I was diagnosed diabetic.  My partner on the other hand drinks Coke like it’s going out of style.  His diabetes is way worse than mine.  He is always thirsty, some of the medications he takes have that side effect but the way he drinks I can’t help but think part of it is due to diabetes. 

Speaking of my darling, when he fell earlier this week and broke the litter box.  He hit his head.  His eye is all blood shot, he thinks it’s from the fall.  I know that it’s his Coumadin level.  I think his blood might be too thick.  He was just at the doctor and they didn’t check his level.  His doc is on vacation for 2 weeks so no chance of that happening anytime soon.  I tried to get him to seek care for it because it looks horrible and I know it’s a sign – your body gives you signs and if you ignore them you usually pay a price for it.  He is so bullheaded he said oh it will go away.  I feel fine, I can see okay so there is no problem.  Okay.

I got a mailer from his Life Insurance company about taking out an Accidental Death Policy on him.  It’s $100,000.00 worth of coverage for $10.46 per month.  The way he is falling lately I am tempted to sign up.  However from working in the Insurance Industry years ago I learned AD&D policies are quick money makers for the Insurance Companies and not that many people die from Accidents.  Sure they put in stats in the mailer to try to let fear sell you the product.  I’m not buying it.  Besides that I really can’t afford it.  I am barley able to make the payments on his Life Insurance Policy.

The cable bill came and I realized they didn’t give us credit for paying our internet for last month.  It took me 2 phone calls and about an hour with a lot of back and fort.  The people I spoke to didn’t want to stick to the subject, they tried to upsell me things, go over different parts of my bill.  When I made it really simple I said I gave you X dollars last month.  I only see credit for X dollars.  Where is the rest of the money?  Oh, since I put it like that it seemed to click.  Turns out I will be getting a refund in 6 to 8 weeks.  I felt like saying okay then I will pay my bill again in 6 to 8 weeks when the check gets here.  I tried to get them to transfer the credit to our account as it stands today but oh no, the check is in the mail.  I said then it won’t take 6 to 8 weeks to get here, maybe 6 to 8 days.  Oh no sir, what I meant to say is the credit has been processed and we will be cutting the check and mailing it.  You should receive it in about 6 to 8 weeks.  Yeah, okay.  The bill has already been scheduled to be paid on Monday and I doubt I could stop it now, even if I wanted to. 

A friend of mine checked in at a local restaurant that was pretty much in my back yard.  We haven’t seen each other in years.  I suspect he is gay but we never had that conversation.  I commented on his check in that he was in my neck of the woods.  No response to that.  I figured he would want to meet up, but I guess time has a way of separating people.  I look at it like this, I did my part.  I am not terribly upset over it  A little disappointed but I will bounce back quickly.

We had such a great weather day today.  It’s hard to believe that we have a winter storm rolling our way and we could be shoving snow tomorrow and Monday.  I don’t shovel, it kills my back.  Thankfully I haven’t had the need to shovel in years.  We have a snow blower but it’s so gummed up I doubt it would start if we really needed it.  So my guess is with the warm weather we had today that the storm will either pass us by or if it shows up what falls won’t sick to the ground because it will be too warm.  Now if it gets me out of work on Monday, well then I hope we get a mountain of it, I mean anything for an extra day at home. 

Time to surf the web and see if I can get into any trouble.  Plus I have laundry to work on.  So I will talk with you peeps again soon.  Be well and stay safe. 

1 comment:

Jude said...

I'd be curious to know what kind of insects you had there, sounds like you may have got rid of them though.

I hope your hubby's eye is okay!

That major snow storm we had last Wednesday hit us after nice weather too. And nice weather since. But it DID need to be shovelled out or we weren't going anywhere. Good luck hon!