15 December 2012

A 2nd chance

Friday I did something at work that I thought would be helping out my boss.  However, knowing him like I do I quickly realized after I did it that I probably cooked my own goose.  This ate at me all night Friday and today.  I talked until I was blue in the face to my partner and he didn’t really have any solutions.  So I talked out my options when I realized how to fix it.  I made a call to the right person and they know what happened and that there was no malicious intent on my part, so they said to blame them.  It won’t cause them any problems and it will keep ye old bastard off my back.  I feel so much better now!

We learn from our mistakes, so next time I will think before I act.  Lord knows I have NO desire to get back in the unemployment line. 

Oddly enough with the events that occurred on Friday, even after people knew about it at work.  Two people got into a shouting match over a freaking printer.  One of the girls yelled for me but thanks to the acoustics of the office, I never heard her.  I knew there was a lot of people talking but I had no idea there was a verbal assault in progress.  Good Lord, it’s a printer.  So not worth fighting over.  However, both of these people are stubborn so Monday should be interesting.  Especially when their boss gets wind of it.  I hope that no one looses their job over it. 

Speaking from experience, it’s a nice perk to have your own printer at work.  You don’t have to get up to walk a million miles to a network printer.  There is no fear of someone else taking what you printed.  The list just goes on and on.  However, it’s not the end of the world.  Millions of people have to share printers because of cost reasons and it makes sense.  If companies had to buy each employee a printer for their desk, think of the overhead in paper, toner and repairs that would generate.  Not exactly a money making proposition.  However, we do purchase printers and pass them out like candy.  There are only 4 people in the office out of 15 that don’t have their own printers.  This is so not my call, so I am just doing what I am asked to by Management and keeping my nose out of it.  I don’t need to get caught up in the drama, I have enough drama of my own to deal with. 

Presently I am buried in configuring new equipment and I’ve got my normal day to day requests that filter in.  Like I can’t print or I forgot my password or how do I, etc.  I do good keeping all of that straight and trying to keep myself out of trouble. 

I did however discover by accident that I have my own Thermostat.  I guess I don’t have to bring a heater to work after all.  I haven’t touched it, but I think it works.  We will find out when the next really cold day comes around.  Right now it’s set on 70 and I am okay with that.

At home, Ms. Momma has been sneezing her head off.  I’ve been giving her antihistamines to help out.  The sneezing seems to have passed.  Now her eye is watering.  Honestly, keeping everyone health and happy around here is a full time job.  I should probably advertise for an in house cheerleader/veterinarian and physician.  One person, 3 roles.  Sort of how it is in a lot of places.  Take where I work for example!

It’s starting to get late and I need to get moving.  Spent too much time here on the old PC.  Plus I have to go in to the office tomorrow, but it’s only for 5 minutes and then I am outta there.  Thank Goodness.  Lord knows I need my rest!

Talk with you peeps later!

1 comment:

Jude said...

" I should probably advertise for an in house cheerleader/veterinarian and physician. One person, 3 roles."

Now if only you could get paid to stay home and do all of that!!

I'm glad you found a solution to what you did for your boss, and I hope it all turns out well.

I hope you have a relaxing Sunday!