27 October 2012

Weekend Post

Today is my guys birthday.  He picked out a restaurant that he wanted to go to, we went.  They had a line out the door.  Not much of a menu but everything sounded really good.  I got chili mac and he had a Ruben.  Then we finished off the meal with two sundaes, each a little different but very good. So he was stuffed and said that he didn’t want anything for supper.

I on the other hand several hours later went out for Taco Bell.  That was good too!

I fixed my windshield and what was a huge blemish has been reduced in size, so it doesn’t stand out as much.  I know it’s there.  Damned if I didn’t find a rock peck in the middle of the windshield.  I tried to repair that but there isn’t much you can do with it.  I was quite surprised at the results I got from this do it yourself kit.  I just hope the repair lasts!  My car spent all day in the sunshine, except for when I was doing the actual repair.

When we came home from our restaurant adventure, I took it to the car wash.  I went to a place that is really close by the house.  They do a better job than the gas station.  There is an actual human being who not only takes your money but scrubs down your car before you are sent through the line that is the automatic car wash.  The extra pre work helps make it sparkle just a little brighter!

Normally there is a non attractive person working there.  Today I pulled up and saw no one.  I pulled in and waited, then out popped this hunk of a guy.  He said what can I get you.  I just paused and totally forgot why I was there.  As I dug out my debit card my memory engaged and I told him.  He said be right back.  Then he turned around and holy crap, it was the best set of buns I have seen in a while.  I so wanted his number, but didn’t bother asking!

We came home after the car wash and I knew there was other things I wanted to do today but forgot what they were.  Then it hit me, I needed to hit the health food store for medicine for Big Boy and Fish Oil for TAZ.  So I looked at my contacts and I had 15 minutes to make it before they closed.  I drove my little machine there and made it with 5 minutes to spare.  I had to push some people but the important thing is I made it.  They didn’t have the exact dose of the Fish Oil I needed but we improvised.  I got a whole lot and was charged a whole lot, hopefully it works and lasts for a whole long time.  The one thing I needed for myself they didn’t have.  I am calling tomorrow with some information so they can special order what I need.  It too costs a whole lot.  Stress Vitamin, high in B complex.  Like a damn horse pill but boy I got pep!

I took in a couple movies.  One about men and grooming called Mansome.  It was totally stupid but I watched it all the way to the end in the hopes that something would catch my eye.  I did see a fancy place I think in CA that charged $214 for a hair cut.  I wonder if that comes with a  blow job.  I mean for that price I would want more than just a hair cut and shampoo, my luck the shampoo costs extra. 

The other movie was a gay love story. Called Is It Just Me.  If you haven’t seen it, I highly suggest it.  Cute guys and an interesting story line.

Last nigh my guy comes in to my room all troubled about a letter he got from a preacher.  He read it to me and it was pretty dead on accurate.  Then it went on to say that our relationship is going to fail and he would be left all alone.  That just shook him to his core.  He thinks we are falling out of love because we aren’t in the bed room that frequently.  I told him that wasn’t true.  Honestly sex with him just isn’t on the top of the radar for me.  I still love and care for him very much.  I know that sex is only one part of a relationship but usually if your not doing it on a regular basis it says something is wrong.  Yeah, something is wrong he’s getting older things don’t function like they used to.  That doesn’t mean I am going to up and leave him.  He and the kids are my family I wouldn’t want to split or break us up for anything.  We all need each other, some of us more than others.  It was scary that some of the things that were written were dead on accurate though.

Speaking of my guy, I bit the bullet and paid for the Life Insurance Policy.  I will have 30 days to review it and if I decide for what ever reason I don’t want it, then they have to give me my money back.  That’s the law.  The catch here is he can’t die until the policy is 3 years old, otherwise I will only get back all of the money I have paid plus 10% interest.  This is one policy I really don’t want to collect on.  Truth be told when he goes this plus what other life insurance he has, will help me out.  However, I would probably have to sell the house and move.  That would in turn break up our family in more ways than I want.  I know that some day this will come to pass, I just hope it’s a bazillion years down the road.  It’s my worst nightmare.

On a different note my trip on Friday, yeah no leaving early for me.  I had 3 machines to look at for Viruses, Spy & Mal ware.  Plus the cable that needed to be run from my visit two weeks ago, yeah it’s still not done.  The maintenance guy had a bright idea that we could get wireless and then he wouldn’t have to run the cable.  Sorry but it doesn’t work that way.  Better off to run the cable and be done with it.  Thankfully when I was at a stopping point and wanted to switch into wiring mode, he had left for the day.  Which was good news for me.  Running that wire is difficult and I totally understand his reluctants to do it, but it’s your job get to it! 

While I was there they had a no call – no show.  What drama that caused and I saw and heard way too much.  It really bothered me that someone could not show up and leave the place in a lurch.  Then I found out that they allow each employee 2 incidents of no call – no show.  Are you freaking kidding me!?  If I did that just once my boss would fire me in a heartbeat, no matter what excuse I had valid or invalid.  I can’t believe 2 incidents per person.  Holy crap!

Over this I got roped into a discussion about how young people today don’t want to work.  Yeah, no kidding.  I don’t know one single solitary person that does want to work, regardless of age.  However, you have to pay the bills and put food on the table.  So most of us just do it because we have to.  It’s great if you love your job or what you do, but if people could set there own hours their pay checks would look mighty slim. 

I was told things a couple times in different situations and by different people while I was there and it all eluded to the fact they think I am a corporate spy.  I told them what I see and hear while I am here stays here.  I am not a spy and I don’t want to get in the middle of anything.  Of course if something really bad happened I would report it, but all of the piddly stuff about attendance, yeah not my problem!  If I am questioned I won’t lie but I am not going to seek out anyone to tell them what I saw or heard.  It was just another trip.  As you can well imagine I see and hear a lot, if I was to get caught up in it all I wouldn’t have time to do my job!

In case you haven’t figured it out, I am once again really bored.  I have plenty to do here but don’t want to do it.  Imagine that!  Weekends are made for being lazy and I am taking full advantage of that now.  Tomorrow I will have to kick it into high gear but Saturday is a rest and lazy day for me.  I guess I am going to call it a night.  It’s getting late and the later I stay up the less I will want to get out of bed tomorrow. 

I hope that you are having a great weekend!  Talk with you peeps later!

1 comment:

Jude said...

Happy belated Birthday to your hubby!! :-)

I was wondering if you got the insurance or not.... hopefully it won't be necessary for a VERY long time yet. I know how you worry about him.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Jer!